Vibration during accelerated speeds of 55 mph or greater in 2006 Dodge Stratus

Asked by Dec 04, 2014 at 11:55 PM about the 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT

My 2006 Dodge Stratus has recently started vibrating (sometimes rather violently) during acceleration (when speed reaches 55 mph or greater)...when I let my foot off the pedal the vibration ceases...doesn't matter which way the wheels are turned.  First started this during interstate travel.  Since this has started I have had a 4 wheel alignment and balanced the tires, and was even told one of the tires had a knot in it, in which said tire was replaced.  Still have the problem though...any suggestions?

9,450

Axles and motor mounts control the relationship of the parts. when you accellerate, the degree of angle would exacerbate. If it was out of phase, the axles can fight the angle. If the mounts get saggy or loose, the operating angles change. Ask for help in those areas next.

22,370

Sounds like it could be in the engine, transmission or the torque converter isn't locking up. Possibly a plugged catalytic converter? When it shakes do any check engine lights come on? Try getting it to do the shaking again then bump you gear selector into neutral and coast. See if the vibration goes away even after you rev the engine while still coasting. Let us know what you find.

9,450

This kind of issue has been prevalent on mopar FWD since the friggin Omni, laser, and lebaron were FWD in the 80's , for lee's sake. I am truly surprised they did not road test with you and verify concern was fixed after replacing tire.

9,450

I have sent them cars that shook, throbbed, shimmy wiggled, and vibrated and it is always the same story, the engine starts hangin low and leaning back. This throws the range of its velocities off the normal. The inner cv's start losing parts internally on some as well. do not leave that unchecked.

my 2004 dodge stratus vibrated and I had them take the engine out to re tighten the counter balancing shafts...when re installed it vibrated worse...so I change out the 4 motor mounts and discovered the engine has to sit on them in just the right way as it would still vibrate...their is only 1/4 inch of play to work with...now the car runs fine ...no vibrations but you gotta move the engine assembly around a bit 1/4inch to get it right on the motor mounts.