ETC light

35

Asked by Nov 01, 2011 at 12:55 PM about the 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum. This morning the Electronic Throttle Control light came on. The car is running fine but I also noticed the temperature gauge on my cluster is staying on C. The check engine light has been on for awhile now and I was told it was a sensor relating to the temperature gauge. Would this cause the ETC light to come on?

3,190

ETC codes will come on just about every time a check engine light comes on. Fix the CEL and the ETC will likely go away. Most likely the check engine light is something like "coolant temp too low for too long". Probably a stuck open thermostat. Change it, done.

35

I just went out to lunch and the light is now gone and the temperature gauge is working again. Could it just be that I didnt warm my car up this morning before I left and we were in the low 30's?

3,190

i suppose thats possible

11,235

when the electronic throttle light comes on it generally means theres a problem in one of the two APPS(Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor) circuits, the reason the car ran fine is because the system is redundant. its prolly one of the reasons your CEL was on, if all the lights are out now, id expect the electronic throttle light to become a more and more prevelent problem, and is possibly some thing you may want to have the dealer look at.

270

I'd have to agree with Michael. Not only could it be the thermostat, I'd also suspect your throttle body needs a cleaning. Carbon deposits may be causing the plate to stick, in turn tricking the tps sensor.

215

i have the same problem! recently the ETC light came on on my 05 dodge magnum i switch the throttle body on it already and the ETC light won't go away it stays flashing and it cuts off power on my engine any tips what might be causing this also i get H0700?

50

Same thing here... :/ Is this an expensive fix?

35

I have tha same ETC and code 700 did rep used transs and continued with the problem, any tips?

35

I have tha same ETC and code 700 did rep used transs, TB, ECM and continued with the problem, any tips?

35

other thing I notice, has troble code p0420 no more -p0700 and ETC lithg still flashing since the first time I started

80

i have the same problem! recently the ETC light came on on my 05 dodge magnum i switch the throttle body on it already and the ETC light won't go away it stays flashing and it cuts off power on my engine any tips what might be causing this also i get H0700?  Posted by Miguel 9 months Is this an expensive fix? 

20

Is the parts high...

70

Shit ya they high I call for a wire harness they said 1500,00fuck this can anyone won't it lol

10

My car just overheated today and my engine light is on what does that mean ???please help

30

I have a question hopefully someone knows why but since last week my etc light has been coming on on my 2009 dodge charger I mean it comes on while I'm driving if I'm in park mode with the car running it comes on but the first time it came on was after I got a tune up last week and I had got a fresh oil change I had my electronic throttle body cleaned I've had everything under the hood inspected and checked to see why isn't the etc light isn't going off so may one of y'all please let me know what I'm missing

10

I just had one come in to my shop customer said he looked at all the post online and got nowhere.... I have worked at dodge for 10 years before opening my shop here's how I fix this problem...... Turn the key on hold acc. Peddle to the floor for ten sec. Let it up and turn key off ... Do this 3 times .... Start car with it running unplug the throttle body ... Car will run high rpm. Let it run for 2 mins plug t- body up .... Shut off car and restart motor ... Light gone ..... If still have problems take to shop to have sensor on the accelerator checked ( also move wiring harness so it's not so tight ) take it off the valve cove stud and just let it hang