06 durango headlights, hazards flashing after battery replacement

5

Asked by Sep 23, 2015 at 12:02 AM about the 2006 Dodge Durango SLT

Hi, I recently replaced the battery on my 06 Durango, after connecting the
terminals the headlights and hazards won't stop flashing, also there is a red
dot blinking on the right top corner of the dashboard.

It looks like if the alarm went off but no horn at all, but am not sure if its the
original alarm system because  I cant use the transmitter key that came
when i bought the truck.

So far I tried disconnecting the battery again and leaving it out for a while,
resetting fuses, opening the door with the key but nothing seems to work. I
really appreciate any help with this issue, thanks.

101,455

Sometimes you need need to reset the ECM (main Computer) on the car when you change out the battery...

5

I did reset the computer last night ( left it 12 hrs unhooked) and no luck. When I connect the battery again and open the door with the key, the light flash again. An update is that now all the lights on my dashboard are on, a friend told me that it might be the tipm fuse box but i don't know if am in the right direction

10

I know this was 3 months ago but I am having the same problem with my durango and was wondering if you got yours fixed. Thanks for any information you can give me.

10

Has anyone got this problem fixed I'm having the same issue with my 2006 durango

60

I had the same problem after the battery died. Went to the dealer because I thought the key was bad. Bought a new one 180 +40 to program it. They couldn't program it. Battery terminals were corroded and they had to more or less reprogram the computer but I also had other issues. Open rear gait and cargo lamp would light up. Low tire pressure light on and no sensors on the vehicle. So anyway the Durango is fixed and has 160,000+ on it.

60

Another thing the radio started shutting down before I took it to the dealer on 5/09/2016

20

a co worker and i came across this same issue. key off, key on. didnt matter, headlights and hazards flash. found that the battery had been replaced about a week ago. we tried everything. reprogramming pcm, restore vehicle configuration. to no avail. finally i connected diagnostic tool ( we work for chrysler) and started resetting ecu's. if you encounter this problem, have the dealer reset the ccn ecu. as soon as i did, all flashing stopped, tested all functions of lights. hazards, hi and low beam headlights, turn signals. all work as designed.

just found out a easy way and the right way if u had the same problem as i did. i stop at khols and when i came out went to unlock my car and my headlights and hazards started to flash and the enegine would not start i tried everything that i could look up finally it started but lights and hazards started to flash so i drove it home like it was and disconnected the battery and went to bed when i woke up i hooked everything back to hopeing that the ecu would reset but my hazards and headlights still flashed after i got the key in the ing so i took to advance to have them read the code and it said lost connection between pmc/emc so i brought it back home and open up my key fob comes to find out that both my key fob connection were broke so i tought i was screwed but got to looking at my other key fob that was even more broke then the one i used i stuck a battery in it and made a connection then hit the panic button and it started to go off. so here is what i did open up all my doors and then went around locking and shutting them all i hit the panic button again to set it off then i hit the unlock and lock button a few time then walked over to the driver side door and actually used my key to unlock it and as soon as i did that my panic hazards and headlights stop flashing then i put the key into the ing and started to make sure they wouldnt come back on and they didnt so be4 u start to changing things out get your key fob checked out 99 percent sure this will work for anyone out there

10

I have the same problem what was done to get resolved and what is the cost I have a 2006 dodge Durango

60

I had to have my computer reprogrammed and I ended up buying a new key from the dealer at the time. So he didn't charge for programming bit it cost me 218.00 for the key to be cut and programmed.

Use your spare set of keys. That is where the problem lies. I ts the fob not the computer system in the dodge.