Randomly Not Starting

Asked by May 12, 2011 at 10:02 PM about the 2006 Dodge Caravan SE

About four months ago, the van just wouldn't start.  All instrument lights, radio came on when I turned the key, but no turn over at all.  Almost like a fuse had blown.  All fuses checked-nothing.  Towed to mechanic and it started when he went to check it.  Brought it home, drove a few times, then it did it again.  Back to mechanic, but it started again.  Grrrr.  He found a few updates the computer was missing, so did that for us and unbelieveably, it ran fine for four months.  Now, it's doing it again!  Mechanic currently has it -- but it's starting for him and he doesn't know what it is.  Anyone have any suggestions?

70

TAKE YOUR BATTERY TERMINALS OFF...GIVE 'EM A GOOD SCRUBBING WITH A WIRE BRUSH...BOTH THE POSTS AND CONNECTORS..TRY THAT BEFORE GOING BACK TO A "PROFESSIONAL'.....JZBUG