KIA Sorento 2012 Audio issue.

alibaqer
10

Asked by Jan 02, 2013 at 01:53 AM about the 2012 Kia Sorento EX AWD

I have Sorento 2012, Media sound was working yesterday, today I start it up and there is no audio at all, I reset the factory setting, also updated the software, and checked the Audio fuse? any suggestion.

Ronc258
4,940

2012 that should still be under waranty. Bring it to the dealer you bought it at and have it checked. first make sure that is covered by your waranty

alibaqer
10

That you for your answer, it is still under warranty, I thought iI can do something as the dealer is 500km faraway.

James Warner
3,180

if you havent made it into the dealer yet you can pull the audio fuse to try a hard reset of the radio. but more then likely the radio will need repaced. just remove the fuses marked for sudio with the key on until the radio loses power(im assuming it still lights up just no sound). turn off the key an let it sit for about ten minutes and reinstall the fuse. youll have to put your radio presets back in but it might "wake" it up

alibaqer
10

Thanks James for your answer, I came to the dealer and they checked the radio system and they said it is defective and I have appointment tomorrow to change it with a new system. Ali

Karen Robinson
60

I have a 2013 Kia Sorento. On Saturday my sound was working and I got out of the car and got back in about 30 minutes later to have no sound what so ever, maps, satellite radio, regular radio, blue tooth nothing. I called the dealer this morning and there is a small reset button located right on the front of my radio system. It's a small hole right above the Sirius word on the front, upper left hand corner. I pressed it with a paper clip and it does a hard reset and it works great! I knew it wasn't a fuse issue because other things associated with the audio fuse was working . The amp fuse was okay too. So look for a small hole on the face of your radio somewhere have radio turned on and press the button! Good luck!

David Allard
30

I tried the reset button on my Sorento 2012 and didn't work, still no sound...nothing.

drguiniter
20

I tried the reset without success so I checked the amplifier fuse which was was NOT blown but just taking it and out and putting it back in, fixed the problem.

KiaKris
20

My wife's 2012 Sorento radio would turn-off / lock-up after using her phone through it with Bluetooth, she says usually when checking voicemail. Then her OEM Kia car battery died (after just 3 years? - disappointing). Replaced the battery. The radio problem has not returned since the battery was replaced! Coincidence??? Who knows??? But what the heck - try checking?/replacing? your battery. If you are "resetting" the radio from what is already a low voltage power supply situation - you aren't fixing anything. The radio, like it or not, is basically a computer - and computers don't like low voltage. The battery might be the source of the problem, not the radio. Good luck!

Lauriek2
10

The reset button worked for my sound. I was having the same issue....everything was working but no sound was coming out of the speakers.