Where are spark plugs in 2008 Suzuki XL7 and how to get them out.

Asked by Sep 08, 2014 at 10:09 AM about the 2008 Suzuki XL-7 Base AWD

I have a 2008 Suzuki XL7 that has started jerking like the fuel pump is quitting.  RPM drops 20 to 50 each time.  Finally the service engine soon picture came on and is on steady now.  I stopped in Autozone and was told that it was throwing codes that all 6 cylinders are misfiring so I need new spark plug wires, spark plugs, and/or coil packs.  I am not familiar with the coil on each plug but have read that I have to be careful removing the coil.  So far I have not found a manual or picture online that shows the plugs.  I know that 3 have to be in front and 3 in back but I can not even see them, let alone change them.  Do I have to remove the radiator just to see the front ones?  what is the correct way to remove and replace these?

Misfire for all 6 cylinders is probably another issue, they don't all go bad at once, was the code P0300? But always a good idea to change the plugs if your around 100K.

The vehicle has 71,000 on it. I do not know what the code was. All the autozone salesman said was that it was reporting each of the 6 cylinders misfiring. It has been doing this for about the last 300 miles but this weekend was the first time it actually threw a code and turned on the SES light. It did it once before several months ago and injector cleaner took care of it until about 3 weeks ago. Then it would jerk several times and did not matter whether it was accelerating or at a steady speed and no rhyme or reason as to when it would start happening or stop.

You need to just change your plugs. I have an 07 with the same prob. First take off your oil fill cap. Then pull off the whole black cover that covers the motor. Now you can see the coils and yes 3 in front and 3 in the back. Your plugs are under each coil. I believe you will need a ten mill socket to take the bolt out of each coil. And make shure you do them one by one from begining to end. Theres a little grey plastic clip that you need to remove on each coil connecter to unplug them. Once the coil is removed then go down the hole with a long extention and small size spark plug socket. Ull need a smaller extention for the back 3 cause its a little tighter back there. Once all your plugs are changed that should fix your problem

Did you ever figure this out? Mine is the same year doing the exact same thing :(

I have the same problem i have a 2008 xl7 2wd and it jerks alot on street or freeway engine light is on so some dude in the parking lot of autozone charge me 25 buck to scan my suzuki and he came uot with the code p300 random multiple sylinder misfire. He said just to change the spark plugs and coil pack and that should fix the ploblem but dammm coil are 50 buck each so what im going to do first is change the wire fisrt if that doesent work do the plugs if that does work ill do the all coil if all that doesent work autozone is really great on returns