The check engine light on my 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 it came on after oil change and I been told by my mechanic I have to change the O2 ????

Asked by Sep 07, 2015 at 02:30 AM about the 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

The engine light on my 2011
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 has
come on after oil change at 9400
miles. I took the car back to my
mechanic and he said it is the
oxygen Sensor. He got it reset and
the engine light came on again after
50 miles. He is telling me that I have
to get them replaced ?!?!
Is it normal to replace the O2 sensor
at 9400 miles right after oil change
Thank you

wow really how much is the O2 sensor for this car. I would not think that it would go out that fact but it also depends on what kind of fuel you have been running through it and there is a posability.

the othe rposability is that the fuel that has been going through the car is not a high enough octain or is some bad gas from the station and there for it is setting off a carbon reading and the O2 Sensor is reading low. what is the O2 sensor code reading rich exhaust or lean.

It depends what the total mileage Is on the car, I would think low snice its only a few years old. It should last longer then it did...

In my opinion fuel type and or quality has nothing to do with this. While it is possible to have an O2 sensor go bad at such a low mileage I would be very surprised to find the sensor was the problem. An O2 sensor only measures the quantity of oxygen in the exhaust. This car needs to go to someone that specializes in Lambos.

There is nothing "normal" on a Lamborghini- c'mon- this is a cool car, but the people who can afford one can afford to have whatever work needs to be done without questioning it- I don't get it-

thank you for the responds. This car has a low mileage and always ran on chevron 92, the mechanic that worked on this car is a certified Lambo mechanic and money it's not the issue, I would have them replaced if It needs to, The reason I asked this question was, (Hopefully some one with Lambo experience could address) 1- is it normal to for the O2 go bad at 9400 miles 2- is it coincidence that the O2/ check engine lights came on right after 10k oil service ? Thx

Perhaps one of the O2 sensors wiring was disturbed during the service?