What is the most common problem in this car, is their an alternate to burning premium, how much is the service, how often do you have toget service and is Jaguar the only place that can do the repairs

370

Asked by Oct 18, 2014 at 09:26 AM about the 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged

95

its a diesel and no problems,ford is where I get all my work done

370

Thanks so when you say it's a diesel what do you mean? Is that the fuel you have to use because all of my research says you must burn premium. I also saw that it is the worst luxury car compared to the the 5 series BMW and the Mercedes E class when it comes to reliability any thoughts

I don't know where scranch got that but the Jag XF and XFR are gasoline engines.. http://www.edmunds.com/jaguar/xf/2010/

Best Answer

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2010-jaguar-xf-supercharged-road-test-review ..has lots of consumer reviews and if you Google use keywords "2010 Jaguar XF " and pick from a long list of sites with reviews

Ford bought Jaguar Motor Co in 1999 and sold it to Tata, (India) in 2008

370

Thanks again....Do you know if Jaguar is the only place that can repair it and is their an alternate to burning premium?

370

So that's the reason some people say they go to Ford for repairs

They used to..until 2008 and No. it demands Premium it's a 470 HP high compression engine ..If I had one (like that's ever going to happen I would only take it to Jag Dealer or an independent shop, if the can PROVE they have a Factory Trained Jag mechanic

370

I bet Jag is going to cost smh....I just got it it was a corporate car they traded it for a new one at 90,000 mi .... rides, like brand new in great condition but I'm just scared of it. I don't want to be in the shop every month like the 7 series BMW owner's

Let's put it this way..I looked it up. The average Jaguar mechanic makes $131,000 a year, and the median salary for mechanics in US in 2013 was $61,070.. http://www.simplyhired.com/salaries-k-jaguar-mechanic-jobs.html

370

WOW....i hope I didn't make a mistake

That is presented for what it's worth, cost of repair but does not mean it will be in shop a lot..it's a superbly engineered car Let's hope the Indians retained the engineers and designers instead of using in-house, and by NO means do I mean anything derogatory about India or the people!

All electric Tata

And to be fair, Tata 2014

2,155

don't think you will have any problems with this car. Join the Jaguarforum.com - web forum and research common problems, The only thing I seen was a few people have trouble with the Bluetooth connection. I have had my 07' Jag XJ for four years with no troubles at all. I take it to a local mechanic for oil changes, brakes and inspections. Any premium car dealerships garage will be charging alot for service. My Jag has never been there since I owed it. Only alternitive to premium gas is to put a bottle of octane boost in then fill with mid grade gas. The total cost would be the same as just putting in premium. Its not really a problem for me as I average 22 MPG mixed driving, not bad for a V8.

10

I hope I can use mid-grade(.i am going to get xf super next couple months) Have been using mid for the last 4 years in S-type 4.0 (non super). Jag recommend premium, no problems running mid. Currently 245,000 miles still runs strong (I have tried to run the piss out of it since I got it) no problems.

60

If you have to worry about using mid grade vs premium you have no business buying a jag new or used. These cars can be daily drivers and can be cost effective luxury if you are good with mechanics and diagnosing problems. Ps you will have problems whether its BMW, Jag., or buick only difference is in cost of parts and repairs. Ps. if youre worried about service and cost of gas get a Toyota .