What could be problem A/C 1995 Chrysler Cirrus, doesn't always get cold?

ohiojeteye
15

Asked by May 04, 2013 at 08:44 AM about the 1995 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

My A/C works most of time, cold air good.  however, during very hot days, never gets pass warm/cool air.  freon pressure full, no leaks.  new fan belt replaced. could dash A/C control switch be faulty?

the a/c compressor turns, yet evaporator unit ices up? You may have overcharged the refrigerant...there's a delicate balance between evaporator and condenser....also there is a filter/drier that need to be changed every so often when you go in for seasonal a/c maintenance should take care of this one, replacing with a new uncontaminated unit.

24,405

The drier is not a maintence item judge it only needs to be replaced if say the compressor fails and comtaminates the system. It could be slightly overcharged if its too overcharged the high pressure cut off switch will not let the compressor run. It could be overcharged to the poit where it works good on a warm day but when its hot outside it causes the pressure in the system to be higher and it could be cutting off the compressor to early on very hot days.

86,005

The other option is that the capacity is not large enough to cool to lower temperatures on a very hot day. If it's 110*F out, some A/C units would have a hard time reducing the cabin temperature to under 80*F. Insert a digital meat thermometer in the vent and see what the temperature of the air is.

Glad you know kbro about automotive systems, mine was a toe-full of window air conditioners~ gotta listen to you, my man...you know what you're talking about!~

carolkran
0

This is my question, 2005, new compressor, switch, cooling fan and other parts, blows cold when cool outside, then blows hot when the sun comes out. Even the dealer doesn't know whats wrong, just that these a/c were cheap from the get go. Have spent 1100.00. When I change the position on the dial to other settings nothing comes out, just on the bottom one where air is in the middle. Can anyone out there help, or is this a lost cause???

carolkran
0

Up top there 2005 P T.