how to reset alarm system

10

Asked by Jul 29, 2014 at 05:58 AM about the 1996 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr LXi Coupe

I try to hook up the battery and the horn starts honking so I took out the fuses for the
alarm and the horn and tried hooking the battery back up and it started honking again how
do I reset the system

38,265

Did you do this with the key in the ignition? If not try that.

10

I tried it in the ignition and the drivers door I

38,265

I may be mistaken BUT I THINK you have to put the key in the ignition and go back and forth between the run and off position 6 to 8 times. I have no proof just something in the back of my head.

50

unlock the passenger door that always resets my Chrysler sebrings alarm

70

Just happend to me today for no reason the anti theft went off horn honking and car wouldnt start and couldnt shut it off My solution i unhooked the battery and hooked it back up,the antitheft light in the dash was still blinking so then put the key in The passenger door and turned it to unlock and held it in the unlock position for five seconds and it turned the anti-theft off and the car stated up and ran just like new

20

Put the key in the door, and usep it to lock and unlock the doors using the key , and the alarm should turn off. If not, you're just fucked and hella embarrassed from your car causing so much attention to you and making u look like a jackass because you don't know how to turn the anti-theft alarm to your car, off! Damn... That sucks! Good Luck with explaining to the cops that ur not stealing the car, you just don't know how to use your own car! Lol! Just kidding! (The directions above are real and are the only way to turn off the anti-theft alarm system.) Enjoy your newly learned and free information!

20

yeah unlocking the passenger door does work, but I havet to do it everytime i lock my car. How do I fix it, or can i disconnect the whole thing?