2012 Hyundai elantra won"t start and also the radio controls don"t work properly

Asked by Jun 19, 2014 at 06:50 AM about the 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan FWD

My 2012 Hyundai Elantra will not start.  I have had to have it towed on 3 different occasions twice to the dealership but they can't seem to duplicate the problem.  After it sits for a while it will start but the last time it sat for 2 days when it was towed to the dealership and they can't duplicate the problem apparently started.  Also the radio controls on my steering wheel don't work properly for ex: if I press the volume up it turns downs or the controls work opposite of what they should

I have the same radio control issue with my 2011 Elantra, I just saw a YouTube video that said to open the fuse box and there's a switch that needs to be set to on, they didn't say turn it off then on but I would do this if it's already in the on position. I've also been told to pull the radio fuse and leave it out for about one minute, this supposedly will reset the system. I'll try this next, if the on/off switch doesn't work. I really can't stand poor quality and I'm finding this Hyundai to be in this category! I had a hole form in the rug just below the gas pedel. I've never had this in any of my other vehicles and I've had many! I also find that this car can't handle snow very well. I nearly died in a spin out and speed wasn't the issue! I was at least six car lengths behind the car infront of me, traveling about 40 MPH. We came up on a crest on the highway and had cars stopped just over it. The guy in front of me applied his breaks and stopped easily, while I applied my breaks and did nothing but slide! If I didn't think fast and turn my wheel, pump my break and change my direction, I would have nailed the cars in front of me. As it was, I started to head towards a guard rail, I took my foot off of my break again and turned my wheel, in hopes of avoiding this too and somehow did but, I spun around several times and somehow came to a stop! With a bus bearing down on me, not looking like I was going to escape this killing me, he somehow made it by my car and the others on the other side of the road. I tried to back up but the gears locked! Wonderful timing for this feature to decide to engage! Only by the grace of GOD, did I somehow survive this whole ordeal, without a scratch! What I'd like to know, has anyone else had control issues, with their Hyundai, in the winter? I'd like to resolve the radio control issues as well, I just got off on an unrelated rant, sorry...

The answers to the problems are I have had 3 Radios in my 2012 because they keep going out on me!!! this knocks out the blue tooth, the GPS, music, anyway they tried to make me pay last radio and I told them inside Edition would get this story, i should not have had to replace Radio 3 times, the the car would not start one night and I overid the gears to put in neuteral and got pushed back< it cranked, i called the company again and if your car is under 60,000 miles warrenty cover this but what it is, is a switch on top of transmission, rotor switch and every one has had that problem!!! took them 2 1/2 hours to fix but they know this is a problem, but they are making a killing off selling this part to you and not doing a recall, they know that's the problem and they have plenty laying around when you do call

30

Cargurus has a long thread of people with similar problems. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t40609_ds554427?sntEmlId=500929339#msg556342