How do you remove barsleak from clogging your coolant system?

20

Asked by Sep 02, 2013 at 09:01 AM about the 1996 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JXi Convertible

Had a water pump leak, used barsleak and now there is no circulation with immediate
overheating once engine is warm. used various flush products, etc... Any suggestions?
Thermostat was been removed so that flow is unrestricted and I have flushed it 8-10 times

Yikes....you are going to have to find out EXACTLY what chemical is in that sealant product, and find the 'antidote'..what solvent will dissolve it, be it alcohol... Trichlororethylene 1,1,2 if you can get some that is, one of the compounds of solvents...but then it's going to eat every seal in your engine. Go to the Dow Chemical website, they have a really good chart on what will dissolve what...hopefully there is something that will 1) flush that shit out 2) not eat every seal 3) available to public to buy ...Good Luck..really, I hope you find something......I would suggest a new radiator but it may be a waste of money, but I notice that you say without thermostat it circulates? Then just try new thermostat...for now.... but if it's powder, it's probably aluminum powder...

20

Thanks, I removed the thermostat to unrestrict the flow but it does not circulate, or at leas well. It seems to get a little better with every two or three flushes (emphasis on a little). If you idle along its ok but once there is any reason to increase the engine temp from use it begins to overheat.

66,125

I've used Prestone Super Flush in the past. BUT be prepared for something to spring a leak either during or shortly after the flushing. HTH. -Jim

110,065

Did you replace the water pump? When they start to leak its time to replace them. If not your circulation/over heating problem could just be a bad water pump.

Using a laser temp gun test radiator to determine if rad Is plugged

Hot at top cold in middle and warm at bottom or any combination there of rad is toast.

I used the stop leak once and it plugged up the heater core. Called the company and they payed for the replacement heater core and labor.