Interior Condensation on Cargo Express AWD?

Asked by Jan 29, 2013 at 01:56 PM about the 2012 Chevrolet Express Cargo 1500 AWD

Is anyone having problems with interior condensation? I have a brand new Express Cargo AWD with a
front headliner.  I have had it for a month and I live in a wet climate. But just recently I went to get
into my van and the whole roof was wet, and the headliner was so drenched my dash was wet, my
cup holders were filled to the rim with water. I took it to the dealer for inspection and they told me
that it is just condensation build up which is normal in the rainy season and to expect it to sweat in
the summer. And that I must dry it out daily to prevent it. It would be an easy chore to just keep it
dry, but when I have pools of water on my dash and a soaking headliner - it took about 4 days in a
heated shop with heaters inside the vehicle to dry it out to the best of my knowledge. Once I bring it
out to use for normal business operation and park it, its soaking wet again. Soaking wet is an
understatement too. Any ideas?

102,315

Take it back to the dealer and keep taking it back. It could be a lemon and they might have to buy it back.

4,195

Ruffled, Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would suggest speaking with another Chevy dealership for a second opinion. If you continue to have this problem, please contact me through private message with your first and last name, the last 8-digits of your VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership. My email address is socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: Vanessa in the subject line. Vanessa GM Customer Service

I took it back today, now they are going to replace the windshield and re-seal it etc. I guess I do not understand why they are going to replace the windshield this time, when before they said there was no leaks. I will let you all in on the outcome after we get it back. We purchased 3 of these vans, this is the only one with that problem.

20

Did replacing the windshield help? I know this is old post, by my van just starting having the same problem... I've sealed the windshield with silicon and water is still getting in... some how. Like buckets of it any time it rains.