96 LHS Transmission or Linkage or ??

Asked by Mar 12, 2014 at 09:47 PM about the 1996 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

My 96 LHS transmission won't drive in all 3 forward gears, just reverse.  Earlier this week I pulled out of a drive way, gave it some gas, and it seemed to be in neutral for a moment, then continued on home.     The transmission fluid was a little low but still on the stick, so I added some more.  The car still won't drive far, 20 feet until acting like it is in neutral.  It also seems hard to shift it into low gear. Do you think the linkage is bad or the transmission is shot?

43,775

Could be a bad shift solenoid or Transmission Control Module. I would suggest visiting a junk yard and swap out the parts. If nothing changes, you probably need a new transmission.