Have a 1996 LHS that wants to start but doesn't seem to be getting fuel to the injectors. I'm not that familiar w/Fuel Inj. What's up with this yard ornament? What am I missing?

75

Asked by Feb 26, 2012 at 06:15 PM about the 1996 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

I've owned the car since 2000. Wound up putting a used engine from a Concorde in it a few weeks later due to a bad crank bearing. Moved to a newer home in 2009 where it sat while I moved the rest of the house with the truck. Went to start it 2 weeks later. It ran for all of 10 minutes during warmup then died. Wouldn't restart. Just sat there and turned over. Gas in the tank. Have replaced the ignition module, plugs, wires, etc. This is the first MOPAR that I've owned in over 45 years that I am truly bummed out on. I've never run across this kind of problem in my previous mopars. It's become a yard ornament. And yes, I've replaced the gas in the tank every time I get the chance to work on it. And also, as I said earlier, I am not that familiar with fuel injection systems.

125

Try changing the fuel filter....

75

It's the simplest of things that you miss. Will change the filter the next warm day that comes my way. Pulled the pump a while back. It seems to function properly, but considering replacement anyway. I'm just looking to get some fuel to the injectors. Will do anything at this point. Oh, how I miss the old days of a good Thermoquad and points.

135

have you tried disconnecting the fuel line from the motor as well, or have you tried having a fuel pressure check done to it? the way it sounds you might have a clogged fuel line, auto part stores will need a deposit of 150 or so, so that you can check the fuel pressure. if the pressure is to low/high it wont run right. it might also be your injectors that might be clogged. just some suggestions that where give to me by auto zone.