Cirrus wont start, just purchased. HELP

Asked by Dec 31, 2009 at 06:39 PM about the 1996 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LX Sedan

I just bought a 96 cirrus from someone I know at work for $175.00  The car is in excellent shape, it has 105k on it.  They were driving down the interstate a couple of weeks ago and the car just shut off on them. They didn't want to mess with it so I purchased it to try to fix.  I have checked the fuse box, everything seems OK, I have fuel going to the injectors as when I took of the fuel line and turned the key it sprayed fuel out the line. The car just turns over and over, I have yet to test for spark, how would I?  I did check the timing belt and it looks to be in decent shape, not broke or anything.  Can any of you give me a place to start on try to fix this car?  Thanks Guys!    

5

that happened to me too a few years ago and it was my fuel pump.... i managed to drive it with the broken pump for just over a year before i had to replace it... get a rubber hammer and hit the gas tank about 10 times.... it should start rite up... if the pump is bad, the cheapest i could find a new pump for was $400

10

Hey Guy, I had a 1999 breeze, same auto, same everything. The coil sets on top of the valve cover, goes bad after 80-100,ooo so have it checked. ai think that will solve your problem. "I'm innocent,i tell you, innocent"

30

I had a 97 that just flat ass died... would not crank, no electrical nothing.. There is a 'ghost' wiring harness coming around the right side of the engine and the insulation over time corrodes and exposes the actual wire. If you hit the brakes hard there is a possibility that you will make these wires touch.. When they do, all electrical to car is dead. This little harness was replaced for 20 bucks.. Car starts and runs like a dream now. Imply Smithy