crank but wont start

Asked by May 10, 2015 at 08:42 AM about the 1997 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JXi Convertible

parked mt 1997 jxi 2.5. next morning cranks but wont start, no codes ran perfect till that
happened with no warning

75

Without knowing anything else , you need 3 things to happen for the vehicle to start - fuel , air , and spark. The car is not pulling codes because there was nothing picked up wrong by the cars computer. You need to check some obvious things like - does the car have gas? If yes, then you can have a clogged fuel filter so engine not getting gas. Next you'll have to check for spark. Has the car gotten a tune up? New Spark plugs , new wires etc.. You'll need another person to help you check for spark. How is the cars air filter? Is it all clogged up? Car needs to suck in clean air for it to run. Check these basic things out first

10

Hi have a 2003 chysler sebring it overheated on me today got it home all it does now is crank and will not start i check and it has gas and fire going to the plugs what could be my problem

It could be the head gasket, or a sensor. Check the oil stick. If the oil looks milky then either a bad crack in one of the heads or the head gasket. They are tips on the internet on how to check your car for a bad head gasket or cracked head. If those two things check out then its probly a sensor.

Also it could have something to do with the timing. Timing belt, etc.

2.7 Chrysler sebring 2001 for starters this type of car should be recalled and fixed for free, all the problems that they have!!! I have had to rebuild the motor due to the faulty timing chain design. the timing chain pulls to hard on the water pump, and wears out the bearing and then the seal and then water seeps in to the motor and so on !!! ruins the motor bad design!!! sensors go bad regularly mainly cam sensor and crank sensor !! if the motor gets over heated there is the oil sensor that will get really hot and start leaking, and that will pump all of your engine oil out of the motor and we all know what that will cause !! the engine will lock up nice Chrysler thanks for that one!!! lets see if your motor wont start which is common for this car.. usually it is a relay or fuse and if that doesn't work take the negative wires off the negative post and wait for about a minute or two and it will start and run fine!!! It will reset the computer, there are so many problems with this car, my advice, I know this isn't what you want to here but sale it while its running because the nickel and dime days are gone now its twentys and hundreds and thousands