Engine Control & Heater fuses blow every couple of days

Asked by Sep 11, 2010 at 10:25 AM about the 1997 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

This just started happening about 3 days a go. First the Heater fuse blew. Replaced it... and the Heater was fine. The next day while I was driving the car stopped on me. I found out that it was the Engine control fuse & it started right up but the Heater fuse blew again as well. Yesterday, both fuses blew out again. I have had no other problems with the car, but this did just start happening after I got an oil change at one of the oil change stops. Could it be a short circuit somewhere like in the blower motor or a completely different problem?

50

we're having the same problem we tried replacing the engine control modue that failed and we checked the wiring harnesses lot's of dirt but no ripped wire has been found.