1997 Chrysler Concorde with rumble in sync with car speed Neutral right goes away

25

Asked by Sep 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM about the 1997 Chrysler Concorde 4 Dr LX Sedan

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

Hi,
There is s rumble in sync with car speed.  In Neutral, or drive.  When I turn slightly
to the right, it goes away.  I can't hear it outside. I had my wife drive in circles around me.  I had her drive while I was on the hood.  Tx & differential fluids OK.  CV covers look OK.  Put up on jack stands and ran up to about 25 MPH but no sound.  Drive shafts in different position of course.
Thanks for any help.

5 Answers

7,655

with the car jacked up, grab the top and the bottom of the rt. wheel and shake it. Your cking for any play in wheel bearing. now do it to the other side. If there is ANY play...wheel bearing is bad. Another trick you can do is to bang the tire sidewall with the bottom of your fist at bottom of tire sidewall. If you hear a rumbully rattle (bdddddt)there may be play in bearing. It should sound solid. just a bang when you hit it. kind of a(POM) sound. Hope this helps..... .

Best Answer
1,610

yep, sounds like a bearing problem.

7,655

Is it on just one side?

25

Well, I could SWEAR that the play wasn't there a month ago. I was afraid it was the differential so I was hesitating to fix anything, cause that would have probably meant donating the car. But I'm 98% sure it was the wheel bearings. After the post from thejeepdoctor I decided to check again and there was vertical play. The other 2% is the control arms (with integral ball joints) and all associated bushings I replaced at the same time. Thanks thejeepdoctor !

7,655

your welcome

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • 1997 Chrysler Concorde with rumble in sync with car speed Neutral right goes away 5 answers

    Hi, There is s rumble in sync with car speed. In Neutral, or drive. When I turn slightly to the right, it goes away. I can't hear it outside. I had my wife drive in circles around me. I had her dr...

    1997 Chrysler Concorde 4 Dr LX Sedan

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

  • Problem with 02' Concorde LX 1 answer

    I have a 2002 Chrysler Concorde LX with a 2.7L V6 and I have been having trouble lately with it. I will start it up and will run fine but after about two miles it dies. I was thinking a problem with...

    2002 Chrysler Concorde LX

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

  • what is the proper thermastate for the 3.5 ho motor for the chrysler concorde limited 1 answer

    2002 chrysler concorde limited

    2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

  • 1995 Chrysler Concorde 2 answers

    My Concorde just recently has died with no warning. Started right up after a few hours. So far, only seems too happen when its completely warmed up. Any suggestions? Haven't tried spraying star...

    1995 Chrysler Concorde 4 Dr STD Sedan

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

  • overheating chrysler concorde 2000 3 answers

    I drove to visit my gf in Maryland and attend our dr appt to get our first sonogram for my 1st child.After finding out I'm having a little girl,my joy was somewhat washed away when my car began overhe...

    2000 Chrysler Concorde

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

Concorde

Looking for a Used Concorde in your area?

CarGurus has 252 nationwide Concorde listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

ZIP:

Search Chrysler Concorde Questions

Chrysler Concorde Experts

#1 Tom Hartley
Tom Hartley
Reputation 210
#2 dandyoun
dandyoun
Reputation 170
#2 T_S_T
T_S_T
Reputation 170
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Chrysler Sebring
29 Great Deals out of 2,833 listings starting at $1,500
Used Honda Accord
948 Great Deals out of 77,739 listings starting at $899
Used Dodge Intrepid
310 listings starting at $3,995
Used Nissan Altima
1,154 Great Deals out of 79,676 listings starting at $500
Used Lexus ES 300
11 Great Deals out of 900 listings starting at $1,495
Used Chevrolet Cavalier
1,014 listings
Used Cadillac DeVille
4 Great Deals out of 1,627 listings starting at $1,988
Used Chrysler LHS
69 listings
Used Ford F-150
2,058 Great Deals out of 207,340 listings starting at $1,499
Used Ford Taurus
269 Great Deals out of 20,573 listings starting at $1,995
Used Buick LeSabre
19 Great Deals out of 1,919 listings starting at $1,000
Used Toyota Corolla
858 Great Deals out of 70,589 listings starting at $1,874
Used Chevrolet Impala
590 Great Deals out of 34,064 listings starting at $899

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.