I am having electrical issues 98 sebring jxi

Asked by Aug 27, 2013 at 04:57 PM about the 1998 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JXi Convertible

Tach reads funny,intermitent seat belt issues,alarm only works in panic mode,and defroster gives
annoying feedback through sound system, i am a thirty year tech and this turd has exhausted my
patience,all others systems seem to work,just out of patience and am poor and dont feel like replacing
6000 parts to have the same issues,anyone can throw parts at a car. There seems that no information is
out there on the sub systems,to the pcm on this pile. If i cant solve these issues i guess i just junk it and
move on.

get a NEW battery...wirebrush the lug that connects to the main ground/chassis...off all the corrosion...300 cold cranking amps is what we're after...try renewed ground as the ECU and ignition/fuel systems will suddenly behave themselves~

hey tommcmannis, I know you~yes buddy buy a brand new battery, wire brush the negative cable where it attaches to the chassis and wirebrush the chassis...renewed steady ground to your computer will make it behave itself~

Already did the basics,have good ecm interaction, alarm,seatbelts,defroster only affected systems, wiring untouched,as far as any hacking and slashing goes.had rke fob programmed for car and occasionally speedo head says (no bus) in odometer area. Trip calcutator also says ccd if trying to manual program remote keyless entry. I suspect the speedo head may be defective due to the malfunctioning tach this juat seems to be a really tough nut to crack.

All issues exept defroster,and tach are intermitent

pickNpull~~

take a day, have a nice hike, use some of those mechanics tools you own and have a fun time ripping and tearing at the junkers to extract the part you need...fill a grocery bag full of relays, need extra screws? I always bring a camera to take pictures of the cars~

Im gonna extracate the dash and reground everything

10,045

Wierd. Sounds like grounding to me to? Maybe it's just the wire quality. I don't know crysler that well! My sister in-laws '94 had some power circuits fail from the fuse panel under the hood to the cab. I could not locate any wire physical damage. They were not burnt or broken but had no continuity. Replaced them from the fuse panel to the first know good section in the cab and good to go. Not sure if your '98 has a similar interior to the '94 but what a pain.

Ok update after several hrs of working on this puppy, i discovered the remote for my rke is the wrong frequency code as in 98 body control module is KYPRX001 all 98s. 00 is KYPTX002. So note to others verify which bcm you have, bcm is part of the fuse box and is veiwable from fuse cover. The seatbelt issue was improper connection via adapter harness under console storage compartment, the feed back noise was corroded connection at back glass, and the tach issue is a common issue on this style speedo head.just thought id share that w yall

10,045

busy night

Wanted this nut cracked

toughie...you cannot fix this with a soldering iron or socket wrench, but with keen knowledge~ wow...kinda been there but not to the seventh layer of hell.the neighbors called the police I was yelling so much~

Been there roy, been there!!!