Chrysler sebring alarm issues

Asked by Aug 20, 2013 at 09:53 PM about the 1998 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JXi Convertible

Took my 1998 sebring jxi to chrysler to have key fob programmed,panic button works wont
unlock or unlock from fob,once panic activated will not go to disarm will shunt,for 10-15 seconds
and one long horn will sound,can only be deactivated using key in door lock. Replaced batteries
in fob I can see the alarm attempt to disarm from fob, alarm will activate from door lock any

disconnecting the battery for 10-15 seconds while discharging any latent currents, then replacing the cable has NO effect on this sender/receiver behavior? in other words the problem lies with the sender....not the receiver, or this remains to be determined~?

New battery....wirebrush the main 1/0awg cable connection to the chassis/block...not surprisingly this action solves quite a few complications with the ECU...goddamn delicate electronics....NOT drop forge heartiness~

Factory security works fine if activated by key, the panic section of fob works, if you use the unlock on fob the security will shunt for 10-15 seconds and one long horn honk will result and will not shut off till door lock is used. I suspect a ground issue just not wanting to rip into wiring, the tech world funny till security acts up I used to work on these when they were new and if memory serves me a section of the security uses a section of the speedo head and a bad ground in the speedo head may cause part or all of this issue,I dont work on these everyday so i forgot alot of what i used to know.

The tach

Would act funny

it always seems to be the ground at fault...don't know if changes in barometric pressure "forces" moisture on a microscopic level and thermal expansion and contraction combined with UV attacks on plastics lead to failures~ if they're wise will encapsulate with a dow chemical product like the Mopar ignitions of the early seventies~

Sell more parts that way. I know z cars w the digital display had circuit issues on the speedo heads too.