satellite radio favorites and presets get wiped out

Asked by Nov 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM about the 2012 Dodge Durango Crew

On two separate occasions, my satellite radio presets were wiped out and the second time this happened the song/artist favorites were wiped out too.  Each time this happened, I had used the driver seat preset button just prior.  Not sure if that is related to the problem or just coincidence. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

35

A momentary loss of electric power to the unit may cause that problem. It could be in the radio itself or the wiring to the radio.

40

Like durangofan, we've had this exact issue on our 2012 Durango Citadel. I'll add additional detail: This only occurs when we change the Driver select button. The other Driver presets (e.g., FM and AM presets, side mirror settings, radio volume) remain. Only the satellite radio presets are erased (i.e., station presets, favorite songs/artists). Driver 1 is the day-to-day driver. When Driver 2 uses the Durango (maybe twice/week) and touches the Driver 2 select button, about half the time we'll find that the satellite stations are erased. Not trying to hijack this from durangofan, but I think we have the same issue.

Best Answer

Thanks for your responses. I'm pretty sure this is the same issue as with chicagodurango. It has only happened to me twice, but both times I was pretty certain the driver select button had been set just prior and I wondered if that may have been related. The second time, the presets were missing too and neither presets nor favorites came back for several hours, so I thought I had lost everything. All is good now.

40

A day at the dealer and a software update did not fix this issue, though I do have a solution. This is courtesy of my wife, who frequently finds simple solutions to bedevilling problems. SOLUTION: Use the driver's seat preset button to switch to the other presets, and then switch back again. This little refresh has worked for me every time my own presets have "gone missing" for a moment.

10

Just went to the dealership yesterday with the same issue. They stated that they are seeing this issue more frequently in the 2013's and they have a new software update that works ~50% of the time. Apparently this newest software update is only a few weeks old. May want to call your local dealership and see if they have a new update to try. I'll repost if it works for me. (I have a 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel)

10

New update did not work on my 2012. Anyone find a solution that works yet?

I am going through this same issue now. Apparently, it has not been resolved.

I have a 2015 Durango and when we try and change preset stations with the driver control button on the steering wheel it jumps all over the place. No constant rotation at all. Sometimes it won't even continue onto the second screen of presets unless you hit the arrow on the touch screen. Any ideas...?

U need a new steering wheel.

My 2014 ram 1500, when my radio is on and I hit the memory seat button, my radio will cut off and after my seat adjustment is complete and the radio comes back on, it will change channels. It will due this on am ,fm or satellite. Sometimes it won't happen. Dealership is trying to find the answer. Anybody else experience this problem?

If you have any comments to the above question please send to bobmoos@yahoo.com. Thanks I don't see any answe on this page.