What would cause my car to stall or loose power?

Asked by Jul 13, 2014 at 07:14 PM about the 1998 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

. Car stalls or looses power
sometimes but the engine light NEVER
goes on and my rpm's and mph never
drop. If I pullover and restart car it
starts back up. I usually only have this
problem after going on a bumpy road
or when on the freeway.

10

I have a 97 Chrysler Cirrus and I'm having the similar problems. Sometimes it jerks while driving. It also dies when coming to a near stop (sometimes at a stop). Often times I have to put it on neutral while waiting at a red traffic light just to help prevent it from dying (although that doesn't always work). Starting it up in the morning usually requires about 2-3 extra turn of the keys b/c it dies on idle. I took it to Chrysler who couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Apparently they can't find any errors. They even drove it around to replicate the problem. They were able to successfully replicate the problem once but they didn't have the sensor plugged it at the time. Long story short, they had my car for over a week and they couldn't figure it out! Lame! I asked for my $89 back (initial fees).

I had a couple of educated guesses from some people I know. It can be a multitude of things. One being ignition is bad. Another is fuel or oil pump, or something to do with those. After I get things taken care of that I need to. I will see if I have enough to get it looked at by my mechanic. If I get any info will be sure to post it. Hope you get your money back.

Hey, the crank positioning censor was bad on my car. Also, my car's brain or computer is dead. Go have the censor checked and see if that maybe your problem. Hope this helps.