Why are both map lights stuck on?

Asked by Jan 05, 2013 at 11:30 PM about the 1998 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

Overhead clickable lights came on and will not turn off.

85

Did you try turning the interior lights down? Most cars I've been on if you turn it all the way up it turns on the dome/reading/map lights on too.

No luck with that, the dimmer doesn't affect them, they are clickable on/off only

30

Mine have been stuck on for hours, and I finally located the fuse to remove it (in the middle of the night, no less!) so that the battery might still be able to turn it over. I suspect that the switch is bad, but will find out when I can get it to the mechanic - with the holiday next week, that will be interesting. I see this was posted 11 months ago, can you let us know what your results were? Thanks~