When should I change timing belt on 2007 Toyota 6 soliar 6 cyl

Asked by Jul 27, 2015 at 12:43 PM about the 2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Coupe

PLEASE NOTE, AND READ THIS, NO TIMING BELT, http://www.samarins.com/reviews/camry_07.html You have a timing chain.

The SOLARA V6 has a belt...1999 -2009 http://toyota.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7690/~/does-my-vehicle-have-a-timing-belt-or-timing-chain%3F

http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/omms/07ToyMS_MS0007/pdf/07omsour/2007/07toysmt/71p1smt.pdf --90.000 miles or 108 months (9 years) whatever comes first

Listen to FordNut, he knows his Toyotas. The other guy? Meh.

Solara was the Camry Coupe, discontinued after 2008 model year. Thanks for the compliment Bob. I don't know poop from Shinola about much, but Toyota's I do study. Now, if I ever had a question about a Subaru, Mark is the guy I would turn to.

SUBURU?!? Do they make cars?

David and Bob, wow, I read your remarks. All I can say is the article I referred to was for a 2007 to 2011 Toyota Camry in which it states "Engine: The 2007-2009 4-cylinder Camry comes with the 158-hp 2.4L DOHC motor (2AZ-FE) carried over from the previous generation. For 2010, it was replaced with the more powerful and fuel-efficient 169-hp 2.5L engine (2AR-FE). The optional 268-hp 3.5L V6 (2GR-FE) has plenty of power and is very smooth. Both 4-cylinder engines and the V6 have a timing chain; there is no timing belt. All three are reliable and can last long with good maintenance." So, if this is incorrect, my apologies. I didn't write that article , also here again at this link below, http://www.samarins.com/reviews/camry_07.html Also, you should know that the V6 Toyota Solara for 2007 has a belt, surprise, and the reference is on this other website posted here, http://yourcarangel.com/2012/06/toyota-timing-belt-and-chain-list/

I think that my initial answer was focused on the fact that he said he had a 2007 Toyota Camry (Solara ) , and missed the Solara reference. I didn't think that using both the Camry and Solara names for this particular car causes confusion. They should drop the Camry name especially in light of the various different specs they use in each car.

So, Bob, you're slamming Subaru now?

Mark, I have always joked about Subarus, even in early 1970's when my girlfriend bought one, it was a piece of junk. Certainly they are much better today, but I still wouldn't even consider owning one. Subaru in my opinion is a cult car similar to Volvo, Saab. They have a cult following and the owners defend them to the death. Good little cars, but not for Bob. If you like yours that's fine, but I don't care for them. Uhh, I don't like Harleys either. LOL. Feel free to slam my Lincoln or my Infiniti, or my Marauder or my F-150 or my Yamaha Royal Star. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Bob, did your girlfriend have a Subaru 360, their first car introduced in the USA? Those were terrible cars and Consumers Reports marked them unacceptable. In fact, they said that the front bumper of that car was damaged when they ran into a watermelon. Subaru is definitely a niche car company and they've never been in any situation that required a bailout. In fact, they've grown exponentially over the years and sell almost every car they make. Some of the models are manufactured here in Lafayette, Indiana, while some of them are still manufactured in Japan. Cult car company? That's for you to decide. I'm not going to be judgemental about the car's you've chosen and hope they work well for you. I've been very lucky with my car choices and am very easy on my cars. They're a pretty big investment you know. I've been a little shocked and disappointed by some of the stories I've read online about people's experience with late model Subaru cars, and Honda as well. It's not simply a matter of choosing the right model or make of car, but, also choosing the right year. For example, we were lucky to choose a 2010 Subaru Outback instead of the 2013 model. The 2013 model is apparently an oil burner. You'd think that the previous year model would be a predictor of a newer version, this is not the case. The same thing happened with our 1995 Honda Accord. This was a great car! In the early 2000s Honda started going downhill and making cars with terrible automatic transmissions and the horror stories I've read online are amazing. People spent $25,000 to 30,000 on these cars only to find that thefy couldn't go 100,000 miles. So, it's a little bit of luck and finding something that suits your needs. I needed a car with really good ground clearance, an economical but capable car that would safely pull my teardrop trailer and get good fuel mileage. I'm getting 21 miles per gallon pulling the teardrop with this car and its really comfortable driving. The old Honda was too low to the ground and we had problems, plus, the tow capacity of the Honda was 1,000 pounds. The teardrop weighs 900 pounds fully loaded and this is very easy for the Subaru Outback which has a towing capacity of 2,700 pounds. Here's a picture for you.

Bob, regarding your question about Subaru, please see http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/consumer-reports-best-and- worst-car-brands-in-2015-include-lexus-mazda-and-toyota-1.10387053, As you can see, Subaru is fifth on the list. This article was published on July 27, 2015