Overheating chrysler sebring

30

Asked by May 29, 2010 at 11:59 AM about the 1999 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr LXi Coupe

Veh ran hot on previous owner so I had motor replaced, new radiator and cap, belts, hoses, coolant heat sensor, thermostat, water pump....still reaches "H" on guage.  HELP!!!  Not worth money I am investing!

9,595

Are your fans coming on? Are you using a 50/50 coolant mixture? Does your heater work? Do you have coolant leaking anywhere when the car is running? Did you purge all air from the coolant system after replacement of all the components? I need some of those questions answered to help direct you. It is imperative you answer them truthfully.

30

Hi Mike, No leaks. Fans come on just before guage reaches "H". Had all new parts installed at auto shop; not done by me so I can't asnwer about purging system.

9,595

Does your heater work? If work was done at a respectable shop, the air should have been purged from the system. I would make sure the radiator cap is the correct one for your car. Check the lb rating on the cap with your local auto parts store. Also.. does your AC work? Is one fan on when the AC is running? Does it over-heat while driving? idling? or both?

110

hello, mine is a 1998 same model, same problem. i havent tried the heater yet but what if it does work? and how would i purge the system of air? i just bought the car, its at 180k miles and both fans are engaging when they should.i just did the sparkplugs and thermostat. . . still not reaching hot because i turn it off when it starts to climb. also, yesterday when i test drove it it had power. now today i added water into the radiator as it was low, and it is hesitant while depressing the gas pedal hard (to go fast) also making a pop poping internal backfiring noise like it needs to be timed or something. when just touching the gas pedal a little(just cruising), it runs and drives just fine minus the coolant temp.

60

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring and it keeps overheating. I changed the thermostat and the water pump housing. What could be wrong with my car??? Someone help!!!

Cracked heads or head gasket. Losing water with it not running onto the ground and the internal popping is caused from the water going into the cylinders OR into the "through the head spark plug hole" and is grounding out. Had a Lincoln 4.6 that did EXACTLY that. Cracked head was dumping water into the spark plug holes.