When I am driving my car It acts like I am out of gas. The car will just stop. When I try To start it itwill just turn over like no gas is getting to the engine. After several tries it will start and operate fine. This will happen at any given time. While the car is being driven or when it is parked.

5

Asked by Jul 24, 2007 at 05:45 PM about the 1999 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

40,265

Two problems pop right into mind. The first is that the ignition coil is malfunctioning as it heats up. This can be tested by removing the coil and taking it to an Advance Auto Parts or other store that has a dynamic coil tester, which will heat the coil up to operating temperature and check it through a range of temps. The other is that the fuel pump is beginning to go out. Have a fuel pressure test done to see if the fuel pressure is above or below normal.

35

that happened to me too a few months ago and it was my harmonic balancer and my timing belt...

I JUST GOT A 2004 CHRYSLER CONCORED LXI, THAT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC... AND WOULD PUT LIKE IT'S OUT OF GAS THEN JUST TAKE OFF..... DEFINANTLY THE FUEL PUMP.....GETTING IT FIXED THIS WEEK HOPEFULLY THIS PROBLEM DOESNT PERSIST. UGH! SO DANGEROUS....CHRYSLER NEEDS TO RECALL THESE FREAKIN CARS.....

10

i have the same problem I JUST GOT A 2001 CHRYSLER LHS, THAT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC 3 DAYS AGO... AND WOULD PUT LIKE IT'S OUT OF GAS THEN JUST TAKE OFF LOIKE NOTHING HAPPEN.MY CAR ONLY HAS 87,000.....