2005 Cadillac SRX won't start after putting in gas

Asked by Jun 02, 2014 at 04:58 PM about the 2005 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD

My 2005 Cadillac SRX has about 135,000 miles on it. Until last month, I've had no
problems. For the last month every time I put gas in it, the car won't start for about 15
minutes. I had the vapor lock replaced but no change. Help!

105

Have you had the fuel filter checked?

16,275

I truly hope that someone did not charge you to replace your" VAPOR LOCK" - if they did then go ask for a full refund!

16,275

Putting gas in is stirring up some kind of crud and then the crud is being sucked into the fuel pump. (I know the fuel systems are pressurized but I've never heard of a PART called simply a vapor lock; and, if there is a car part called a vapor lock I'd really like someone to let me know.)..... They stick fuel filters in the gas tank all the time now a days (I have no idea why) so if your pump and filter are both in the tank then it's one stop shopping. The usually hard part is getting at them.

90

I have a 2006 SRX and it is doing the same darn thing. I had the fuel filter replaced and it was full of "gunk" but it continues to do this and sometimes it is worse than others. This ONLY does it when I try to start the vehicle just after putting gas in. It fires up everytime otherwise.

10

Had the same issue with ours. I changed the vapor canister ( it is very small on this vehicle and under the engine shroud, passenger side, above the valve cover) Check engine light went out and the no start after fueling has not happened since. Also the 3.6lt DOHC loves oil, the expensive stuff, just keep filling.

my 2005 did the same thing .i replaced the evap selenoid valve on the top right rear of engine . problem was cured . it's telling the comp that the tank might explote . part is about 60 bucks

when you gas up . just leave the gas cap off for about 3 minutes until the pressure equalizes . it will start then