I have a melted connector on the wire of my ac/heater blower motor in my 1999 chrysler cirrus. What did this and how do I fix it?

Asked by Oct 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM about the 1999 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

Now HOW did this melt...Johnny playin' with his bic lighter again? This type of thing only means DEAD short~ There is going to be a blown fuse....what you can do is take the blower out and bench test it...check the source voltages to the blower resistor pack~ Did this one MELT because the motor is shorted? you should bench test for shorts~ once the voltage is returned to the resistor pack (because you changed the fuse) would get a fresh wiring harness and check the blower resistors and replace the motor...a pickNpull unit would probably give you ten more years~

66,125

If the blower motor was replaced with an aftermarket one it's probably drawing too much power. Or the motor is dying and drawing too much power. HTH. -Jim

somehow mystery electrical problems all seem to stem from BAD ground...I'd assure the main ground connection is not fuzzy (not cute) can be wirebushed to allow 300 amps and steady power to the ECU~