Starter Trouble

Asked by Nov 07, 2014 at 04:53 PM about the 1999 Chrysler 300M 4 Dr STD Sedan

For the last 6 months I have been having an issue where when the key is turned the starter makes a single click. At first I replaced the battery and the problem seemed to go away but then returned. I tried jumping the car off but that did no better than just continuing to turn the key. The problem can go away for a few weeks and then come back for weeks at a time. If I pressed my foot down on the gas before turning the key, causing the fuel injection to be disengaged, the engine turns right away. Taking the foot off the gas and it goes back to the single clicks a few times before eventually starting. Is it a bad starter, a power issue or something else?

65,805

Sound,s like a bad connection at sileinoid or starter,if not this,check the starter,then the igintion switch.