All power is lost when I get in the car to turn it on. I opened the door and all the lights come on, you know the dash and interior lights but it will not start.

Asked by Nov 29, 2013 at 01:01 PM about the 1999 Chrysler 300M 4 Dr STD Sedan

I my car has done this before lately and it started right up. What could be causing this? I
replaced the Battery, The battery post cables both positive and negative. I thought it was
the CAM shaft or Crank shaft sensor but now I'm not sure. I did the alternator test and its
good. Do you think I have a short some where? and if so where show I start?

8,315

300m and found that if you left the light switch on AUTO far left position it runs the battery down. which would mean your battery is most likely dead. if you have a volt meter try checking the battery directly from the posts and have some one try to start the car. if the reading goes under 9 volts you have a bad battery it happens some times even with new cars. if it stays at 12 volts you have a wiring issue. if the battery is not at 12 volts when you test it try charging it up.