My 2000 Sebring Convertible had the battery disconnect for awhile is now my inifinity amp wont work

Asked by Jun 06, 2013 at 03:07 PM about the 2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Convertible

Over the winter my battery died in my car. Also I found the floor on the passenger side got
soaked. I had to replace the fuse for the radio and now I get power to it,but no sound from
the speakers. This is a two part question. 1 is there a code I may possibly have to input
for an anti theft for the amp and if not how do I remove the amp?

3,655

How deep was the water? If the water was not flowing over the amp, thoroughly drying the area may suffice. If the device was even partially submerged, hope is dim. Removing the seat is the best route to gain complete access to fasteners, connectors and wiring, also allowing you to check for corrosion. Finally, bypassing the amp will restore radio operation, if that is all you require. A car stereo installer would be able to recommend an aftermarket amp if that's what you want to pursue, and perhaps guide your repair decisions.

Best Answer

thank you !!

You need the amp under the passenger seat, dodge wants 400.00 before tax. Salvage yard is best bet. Back window is most likely the leak point, i currently own the same car and just went through this the amp is under the passenger seat. Tools 7mm socket 1/4 inch drive ratchet side seat as far back as it will go peek under seat edge you will see two small screws about 6 - 8 in apart remove both screws. Slide seat forward look under edge of seat you will see a small plastic nut will turn by finger, lift amp slightly and there will be two wire plug ins there is a squeeze tab on each DO NOT TUG ON WIRES plastic connector only these can take multiple attempts be patient, when putting amp back place amp in. Wal mart bag so sealed part touches carpet, you can push connectors through bag once pin holes for connections are made add a small amout of grease to keep water from infitrating bag leave top open this device needs to breathe. Hope that helps, ebay has oem replacement tops for really cheap get the heated glass not the pvc one. Bet the glass is separated from the top, replace if seal broken, resealing wont hold.

lol yes at the base it separated ( the window) Thank you for your help when I get my hands on the tools I will fix it. I will let you know how I make out !! :)

I find these to be a noble road car and am heart broken to see an abused one. I paid a thousand for my first one which turned out to be a limited w auto stick. Second was a jxi silver package a tow bill 150.00 and my time to fix it, and my current one cranberry and tan gold package. Which i saved from a tuner kid who trashed her pretty bad i have 9 items left and she will be a hundred percent. Any more questions about your baby feel free to message.