Engine Power Loss After Car Is Warmed Up

5

Asked by Nov 03, 2011 at 03:29 PM about the 2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Convertible

Major loss of power after car has been good and warmed up.  While car is at idle or revved the Tach is showing wide swings in RPM even with no motion of the pedal.

When vehicle is cold runs ok, sometimes a little rough but not bad.  Full power.

Allowed vehicle to run for over 45 minutes last night at idle, died on its own, car sat approximately 20-30 minutes.  Started wth no issue, ran rough at idle, lots of motion on tach.  Took it for short drive approximately 2 miles total. During the last mile I had no power and was lucky to be headed downhill and then on a flat street.  Vehicle died as I was pulling into garage.

Replaced:
1. Plugs
2. Wires
3. Cap
4. Rotor
5. Fuel filter
6. Fuel pump

This problem has been getting progressively worse with the problem starting sooner and the power being less and less.  However it seems the power loss is ONLY when the car is warmed up.

Any ideas?

450

Sounds to me like a sensor problem on the air/fuel injection. Do you live where there is much dust?, How does your air filter look like? Could also be sensors on the exhaust manifold/placed underneath engine (should be 2 if its a V6). On some model the sensor on the air/fuel injection can be cleaned (looks like a smal diode). Use a earrinsing pin and some fuel to gently clean the sensor( very gently). just an idea had the same problem couple of years ago and that worked. Well if non of these tips are useful, you got to get the car plugged into a computer at the nearest chrysler mechanic. But my best gues the is the sensors in the exhaust manifold, they control the mixture of air and fuel. Hope this is useful info.