MY CAR SMELLS LIKE GAS BY MY ENGINE

Asked by Dec 08, 2013 at 04:49 PM about the 2000 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

I BELIEVE I HAVE GAS LEAKING FROM THE GAS LINE CLOSE TO MY EHAUST I SEE ITS WET AND A VERY STRONG SMELL OF GAS. NEED HELP ON WHAT IT MIGHT BE AND HOW TO FIX IT THANKS

STOP using this car...have AAA tow it to the nearest garage to have the leak mended...no matter the cost, because this one can explode on you suddenly~

20

I have a chrylser lhs 2000. Since I changed the battery (which is hard to get to) my car smells like gas. I have continued driving it for the past month like this. I am trying to figure out the problem.

20

If you smell gas on a 300 it is almost certainly the hard plastic section of fuel line between the back of engine and fire wall. dead center of engine. The plastic portion just breaks off at the steel portion of the assembly. replace it with a good quality piece of 3/8" high pressure, fuel injection fuel line.