2000 Chrysler 300M sounds like it wants to turn over but won't. What could it be?

130

Asked by Aug 04, 2012 at 12:25 AM about the 2000 Chrysler 300M STD

While I was driving on the interstate, it shook twice very quickly as the check engine light flashed on and off and then the engine lost all power. I had to coast to the shoulder.  No leaks of fluid.  No running hot.  No ticks or loud noises.  No smoke.  Never had this issue before.  The car has been maintained.  It has about 150,000 miles. Could it be the timing belt? It's not the fuel pump relay. The crank shaft sensor and the input and output transmission speed control sensors have been changed because that is what the codes read when it was checked but that still did not solve the issue. It acts like it wants to start but just won't. Now my husband noticed an "oil leak" under the transmission after he changed those sensors. Not a big leak but some oil on the ground under where the transmission is.     Please help...

264,175

You'll have to check the codes again, it might be a new one popping up. Also have the leak corrected. Not sure what else to do, besides posting the new code and we can go from there. If the timing belt went, it wouldn't start. Are you do for a change? It could be something part of the fuel system, you'll have to diagnose. I'd just be guess at this point.

130

I have only had the car a little over a year and I personally never changed the timing belt so it could very well be time. We have the Haynes Repair Manual and we are going through it page by page to see if anything will trigger an idea. Before I left, we checked all my fluid levels, I had an oil change about 2 weeks ago, nothing has ever been wrong. No warnings. It really wants to start and tries to turn over but just won't. (sigh). My husband is patient and me, I'm not. Haha. Thank you for your help and I will keep you posted of my next code.

130

UPDATE: The timing belt definately had to be changed. I don't know how I was driving around like that anyways. The codes are now reading "0", another words, no codes. My problem is that it still won't start and now the gas pedle is sticking to the floor. WTH is wrong with this thing? Can anyone help, please!

90

might be a problem with throttle body and or gas peddle cable. did you check the camshaft timing sensor? it is read by computer in timing the engine,along with the torque conv.

I have the same car doing the same thing gas pedal stick cranks but won't start I have had the car two weeks don't have muchm money anybody please let me know what you did to fix your car email me davidbryan692@gmail.com or 951-434-4936 please help