How do I fix driver's window motor noise?

Asked by Jan 05, 2012 at 09:14 PM about the 2000 Chrysler 300M STD

if window motor is noisey,remove door panel,grease the gear,or replace it.

12,735

To determine problem you will have to remove door panel. It's a good idea to have a door panel tool that can be purchased at most auto stores. There are screws on bottom of door panel. There is a screw under a little flap in inside door handle pocket. If you have premium sound package you'll need to remove speaker from window column. It's best to have window all the way down to remove panel. Carefully pull panel away from door. If you feel resistance don't force it. Figure out the source. Once you get door panel away from door skin undo clip to door handle. The clip rotates on the verticle portion of rod then the rod goes up to disengage it from handle. The door locks and window lock switches should be removed next. Now pull panel away from door and run window up and down. You should be able to find source of noise this way. When lubricating slides and window tracks clean first then use dry lubricant if possible. Using grease or heavy lubricants will attract road dust and debris. If window is binding what works to free it up is to run window all the way up the loosen window drive assembly bolts, then retighten them and run window down using same procedure. Remember never force anything when doing this also a clean dry with minimal lubrication will be best.