so i went for a drive to get the thermostat to open and still blew cold air out the heater, does it just suck the fluid slowly/

Asked by Feb 07, 2013 at 10:51 PM about the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD

I tried the heater on full and drove around the block, when i got back let it sit for about 20 minutes. went to check
and the overflow was empty. so it sucked some into the engine. should i just keep doing this til it blows heat.

Of couse, you're belching the cooling system. Hopefully there won't be coolant on the ground with a leaking hose or somthing= keep going, it will fill up and will have glorious heat in this cold, now.

At the shop where I worked, we'd cut that rivet OUT of the t'stat to get the heater core to get a little water, instead of runnin it totally dry-

Dont let the overflow go dry. keep it 'bout half-full-

Is it going in the oil if so it's head or a intake problem

oh no. You're going to be out of business for a week, if you can find a guy to do the head gasket an experienced mechanic will do this in 6-8 hours. Cross your fingers that this is the only overheating complication~

Fluid has to go some where either on the ground or in the motor if u are adding fluid that's a bad sign I have now had 3 cars do that first two was intake and I just got done doing my 3rd one but this time was warped head go it fixed at machine shop then put new gaskets for head and intake water pump timen chane thermostat and lots of oil later took 16 hours or more between 2 people not any fun to do

were you KILLIN" it? no. just gradually heated till it over heated, then you quit right? this wasn't a hail mary!

Justin. take care of your cars! I know about runnin them rough and ragged as back in wisconsin used to get fifty dollar cars because they were rusted beyond reconciliation...that lent itself to all kinds of fun trying to destroy them.

Going down highway 70 saw was getting hot pulled over new better from earlier mistakes and took it a part took the Heath to a machine shop to check it to be safe they magna fluxd and decked it said it was warped a little but enuf to leak all it takes is getten hot and u can screw the pooch if not careful

Ment the head not heath

as I was saying keep your fingers crossed, and maybe your toes as well- you could look into a replacement used motor, then a price comparison-