I HAVE A 2001 CHRYSLER SEBRING HIT IN APRIL BY A DRUNK DRIVER, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY CAR EVEN THOUGH THERES DAMAGE TO THE BACK DRIVER SIDE. THE GUY THAT HIT ME WAS IN A RENTAL AND I WASNT IN MY CAR, I REALLY NEED MY CAR BUT IM NOT GOING TO PAY FOR REPAIRS. RENTAL CAR COMPANY SAYS THEIR NOT LIABLE IS THERE ANY OTHER RESORT BESIDES JUNKING IT FOR NOTHING , CONSIDERING THE AMOUNT I PAID FOR IT AND ALL MONITARY VALUE I PLACED IN IT. IM DESPIRATELY SEEKING ADVICE I KNOW ITS A GOOD CAR CONSIDERING THE DAMAGE.

Asked by Feb 26, 2013 at 08:45 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi

What has your insurance co. said about it? Also, to rent a car, at least in my State, you have to take out insurance. If your insurance doesn't do anything then your only recourse will be to retain an attorney and go after the rental company as it is their vehicle and they are responsible for their car, regardless of who is driving it.

You'll find another straight away. Good thing there isn't a hospital bill.

hey poet. heard of the caps lock key?

102,325

The rental company will not cover the drunk driver. Your insurance will pay you up to the totaled value of the car.

27,035

Contact a Lawyer...have him/her put the screws to the rental car company...or have your insurance company compensate you for damages (that's what you pay monthly for...these "what if" scenarios). This happened LAST April and it's NOT resolved yet?? Maybe you need to find a new insurance company...Progressive Ins. would have taken care of this fiasco for me ASAP!

Galaxy: Message frm my attorney, David: Tell her to get personal injury lawyer If you received no injuries and just have property damage then report it to your insurance company as an uninsured motorist claim. Let your insurance company deal with Hertz or whom ever, call later! Good luck. Galaxy: She probably doesn't have insurance and by the all caps as Bob said, wants to cry about that, no insurance, doesn't take a scientist to know to call YOUR insurance, geez though I'd ask as I was curious, just in case. Always uninsured motorist !! Pays off eventually... end

TS is right, rental companies are not liable for collisions with their cars regardless, the renter is, and the guy's insurance is not paying out because there is a rider in most any policy that releases them, the insurance company, from liability if you are drunk when a collision happens. Listen to those guys and take their advice about a lawyer, and hopefully you do have uninsured/under insured on YOUR policy.. You can bet the rental company is pursuing the guy for their car, see what if anything they have accomplished

130

My advice is a) file with your insurance company AND b) talk to the prosecutor and have a condition of parole or deferred adjudication set that REQUIRES that you be paid in full by the drunk guy/gal for the full market value of the car and all expenses.