Transmission just blew yesterday

Asked by Nov 09, 2015 at 01:14 AM about the 2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL AWD

Two weeks ago I had a full service transmission fluid change down by a very large company which specializes this field, My indicator light showed RED after the job was done but the company could not figure out how to get it to shut down. Yesterday, while driving on 99 the transmission plug exploded and all of the fluid drained out of the car.

Do I have any liability against the oil company who did this job just two weeks ago to replace or repair my transmission?

Did you have it flushed? That was your first mistake if you did. And Yes, you have a valid claim. A flush picks up small debris on the bottom of the pan and circulates it through your transmission doing far more harm than good. Even if it was just a "service" what did they do, besides change fluid? It Is NO coincidence that your plug blew out after the work. Go ahead, name the company, people need to know and you have no reason not to name names. If they do not honor their shoddy work you may need a lawyer but the truth is on your side.

20,445

A reputable company should "know what they're doing " and take appropriate action and manage these procedures properly. If they cannot be confident in services like this, they should not be performing the service.

72,145

I agree with FordNut on the flush, only causes problems, one of my trany's gave out after a flush when it was working just fine. I was living out of town and thought it would be a good idea to have done. My trany guy here in my home town I have known for over 30 yrs. who rebuilds tranys says the same thing. He can put together a turbo 350 blind-folded in 7 minutes, in working order. He took 3erd place out in Las Vegas some yrs. ago.

22,685

Now if this "oil company" is Jiffy Lube or its ilk, you will not get anywhere- they are experts at messing stuff up and covering their asses- you may have no recourse- the only positives are you have learned a lesson and by writing in, the rest of are learning, too-

Either JiffyLube or AAMCO

72,145

Ya it was one of those for me, I just wanted a filter change and they talked me into a flush. Not much longer then the trany went to hell...

Thank you to all of the above responding people. The answers were extremely helpful and I will immediately get on my "White Horse" and charge into the fray of doing battle with the company responsible for the damage done to my car. I am used to fighting city hall and just recently won a 2.5 year battle with a very large national because I thought I was in the right and was eventually proved to be so.