i own 07 town car and i like to keep it running at its best, is sinthetic motor oil and supper gas the most opropriet for the best maintanance thank you.

Asked by Aug 09, 2013 at 08:50 PM about the 2007 Lincoln Town Car Executive

Not for your engine. Change your oil with what is recommended in the manual which is SAE 5W-20 and change it every 5000miles and use regular gasoline. You will not have any benefit of using synthetic oil or higher octane fuel besides a lighter wallet.

Listen to Tom - he's right on. Premium fuel is designed to have a higher resistance to knock (predetonation or "ping") in fact, Premium fuel burns slower than regular and has a little less BTU value. It's designed for high compression performance motors. the only benefit to Synthetic oil is the longer change intervals. Personally, I cannot see a cost, durability or performance advantage to synthetics. Some engines use exotic materials the engine that make Synthetic oil mandatory- but in your case, they were not used. Enjoy your Lincoln - it's a very nice car.

I put a lot of miles on my LTC's and generally use standard motor oil for the first 150,000 miles. After that, I use a synthetic blend, high mileage oil, and find the car performs better and runs quieter. But keep in mind that I operate a limo service and easily drive 50,000 miles a year which would be considered extreme service. For normal use, you should just stick with standard oil. Additionally, if the car is designed to run on 87 octane putting higher octane fuel is just a waste of money.