Know the name for this part on my front end?

60

Asked by Jun 23, 2012 at 04:58 AM about the 2002 Lincoln Town Car Executive L

I have a 2004 Town Car. I was having creaks and squeaks while turning wheels and occasionally on a
bump. It got worse, then, as above, rain could lessen noise for a bit. I know what it is, just cant think
of the name for the part. I looked at them and saw where it was the problem while on the rack. I
thought it was the Non-greased bearing in the wheels. Actually, I was shown underneath the front end
and there are 2 obvious brackets, about 5-6" at longest section, and there are two off them on each
end. the one on the pssgner side is very loose. He shook it and it made that squeaking noise and was
noticeably loose tot he hand. The driver's side on was tight. Was told its a wear-part...about $50 for
the part. I just cant recall what its called. One word in the name of it is "idler", such as in "idler arm"
but would have to be some brackets that hold it in place or something. I have to fix it asap. If anyone
has read this far and knows what part i'm referring to, please let me know? It looked quit simple (with
correct tools). Thanks

236,805

Do you mean this part, Stabilzer bar link?

236,805

Or does it look like this one? It's called the same, Stabilzer bar link