chrysler lhs 2001 vents blow only cool air, no heat

20

Asked by Mar 02, 2010 at 02:52 PM about the 2001 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

Just recently my heater went from blowing warm air, to ONLY cool air.  Does not matter what temperature I set the digital control at 75° to 90°, the vents only blow out cool air now.   The Air conditioner settings works well, meaning the air cools drastically as the temp setting is dropped below 74°.

The radiator is full, the overflow container has fluid at correct level.   The temp gauge never goes above half even on 2 plus hour drives.

Someone suggested that a gate valve, or some sort of shutter is stuck. (is this electronic?) Is this a fuse issue?

Where is the thermostate on these cars located?

Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks.

~Joseph

45

the 2 answers you have are good ones. the shutter door or actuator is not working most likley warn out, that happened to my rear heat on my lincoln navigator the blend door quit. also is your lhs a 3.0L or a 2.7? if it is the 3.0 the themostat is most likely on the top left side of the motor. your upper radiator hose should go directly to it. make sure to buy themostat at gasket for replacment. i would start there first my 92 lebaron had a bad themostat. car never overheated but had ok warm heat until it fully broke then i had no heat. simple low cost fix should cost around 30.00 if you do yourself

20

Chuck, Thanks for the thermostat location, as this car is the 3.0. Will give it a go and change that including gasket, ASAP. The weather is not being friendly, been raining for days now, and I have no garage access. Willing to try anything simple before I let the local Chrysler service center rape me. Will post again after I replace. ~Joseph

125

I have a chrylser lhs 99..it went from blowing great heat to barely none at all.It first started with my heated seats that went out a couple of weeks ago ..jus yesterday the heat start blowing cooler and cooler!! Now its completely out !Nothing is leaking,antifreeze tank is full.The car is not overheating..i need advice bad..When i look at the thermostat what am i looking for?? Should i take it to the shop or would the repairs be good done on the street?

145

might check the heater core as well to see if it is clogged up if so try and clean it out or get a new one but try cleaning the core first if that works your good but if it doesn't work try a new one.