Chryster Sebring stopped and froze while I was driving it

Asked by Jun 08, 2013 at 12:46 PM about the 2002 Chrysler Sebring Limited Convertible

I was driving and just coming off the highway, as I slowed down the car stalled out and
everything frove. I couldn't even get the car into neutral to push it to the side of the road.
After a few minutes I got it started again, squealing noises coming from the engine, oil
light on, no check engine light though. Having it towed to a mechanic today but would
like advice. I was rear ended a few days ago and when I started the car it shook for a
minute and then drove normally. Not sure if one has to do with the other. The oil light
has been coming on for a week while idling at stop lights etc. for about a week.
Advice?

27,235

you probably ran it out of oil. the oil light comes on when you have low oil pressure.