No Spark on cylinders 1,5,4,6 annnd cylinder 2 and 3 has spark constantly. I do not know why No spark to start vehicle.

5

Asked by Mar 25, 2015 at 12:21 PM about the 2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Convertible

I am GM Master tech I rebuilt my wife's vehicle 2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI with 2.7 engine I rebuilt this engine, I have very good compressions like 170 but vehicle only cylinder #2 #3 has constant spark others does not have spark. maybe first crank cylinder 1 has spark one time then no spark. Wiring are good connections are good Vehicle does not start I am thinking could be the ECM but I am not sure .Now I need help please

33,555

Did you rebuild the same engine that was in the car or did you rebuild another 2.7 and put it in? Did you do an engine swap? I read on another forum that there are two different versions of the 2.7 engine. If not the identical engine, it will not work.

33,555

I think that would mean they may use a different Crankshaft position sensor. If you didn't do an engine swap, you may just have a bad Crank sensor. Have you tested the ASD relay?

40

I have the exact same problem , , i recently pull the engine out for to change the rod bearings put everything back together and now no sparkon cylinder 1 4 5 6 . I dont know what else to do . Timing chain its right on marks , brand new cranck sensor and camshaft sensor

33,555

Grapas, did you change out the cam shaft also?

40

No i only change the sensors

40

Well i find out that the car will start if i disconnect the camshaft position sensor but it won't start if it is connected

33,555

Not sure how true this is, but I've heard there are two versions of the 2.7 engine. You may want to look into that.

5

Yes when you disconnect the cam sensor vehicle starts but cam sensor cannot read the cam sprocket to give the ECM signal to fire at those cylinders. Because I replace everything. I fall into this type of problems now I will do is I will go find a few cam sensor to try or I will put back the original cam sprocket that vehicle was running with. Dealer told me part that I bought for the vehicle for timing chain sprocket is not correct one because ECM is older ECM but sprocket new kind that's why they said they gave me correct part number #68036788AB this is the new Timing chain part number that goes to my vehicle. Good luck to every body that try to help thank you all. Celal

5

I do not know about that Chrysler having another 2.7 engine, can be same 2.7 only is older and newer Chrysler made some changes for this engine. That I know.

130

The generic statements being made about "2" different 2.7 engines are referring specifically to NGC (new generation) v/s SBECB/SBEC (older or current generation) depending on orientation of the engine. This is a difference in cam sprockets, specifically the location of sensor windows on the sprockets. You have to be sure you but the correct cam sprocket for your year and model of car. Transitions were made to the NGC between 2000- 2005, depending on model and specifics of your 2.7 containing vehicle. Search these types online to figure out which category you fit in. Back to the "different 2.7 engines" statements. This was simply a slight difference in cam/timing systems. There are many other part specific changes in various years such as cylinder heads, water pump (sprocket count and design upgrade), egr vs no egr, flex fuel v/s only gas...etc. So, the statement referencing 2 types of engines in the 2.7s was generic and misleading at best. Good luck resolving your issue.

Actually there are 2 types of 2.7ltr one was the flex fuel, and the other was normal gasoline only. So if by chance you swapped motors, and got the flex fuel for a non flex fuel program car that would be a huge issue. Next we've had many times where if you bought the cam sensor aftermarket from say, advance auto, the car would not start. When we went to he dealer and got the factory sensors the car ran. Something about aftermarket stuff, and today's dodges don't mix. Also the fact about the position of the sensor is true as well. If for some odd reason you too the cover off the back hole and stuck she sensor in there it will upset it. Also in some cases we have found that after the rebuild the computer has had to be flashed. Don't ask me why I have no idea. Tbh I think that one of our mechanics didn't unhook the battery before he started his work, and causedan a short, which in turn will cause the computer to go stupid. Hope this helps if you haven't figured it out already.