Lights not turning off

Asked by Nov 27, 2013 at 05:00 PM about the 2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Convertible

The lights on the mirror will not turn off. I had to remove the connection on the mirror to turn them off. Is there a component in the system that turns them off after the 30 seconds as stated in the owner manual?

or it could be a bad wire or poor conniction

Let me find timer location

Ok on door sill edge, look for a black button the button if not fully depressed will leave lights on all the time. There may be a rubber plug missing from the door it self if it is missing you will see it will be an open hole on the door panel side. To test plug mirror in and press black button and hold w in 30 sec lights should go out, also check opposite side for same issue. Also check that reading light switches are in off position. Hope that helps. Any more problems feel free to message me

Best Answer

The rubber plug that may be gone pushes switch in 1/16 of an inch to break the circuit.

Thanks for the info. Button is completely gone.

Ran into this on my jxi sebring any parts house will have this part

Happy holidays glad I could help

Thanks everybody. I couldn't find that little black or where it was missing. I turned everything off including door lights. I've called roadside at least six times this year already. I just noticed the back interior light tonight after driving two hundred miles to charge my battery. Yippee, it's off now.

Nevyn Holmes

Hey I'm having trouble finding this on my car. 2005 Sebring convertible, can't figure it out. Can I get a picture?

I found my problem inside the door itself. There is NO button on either door. There is a switch that opens the connection to turn the lights off. On the door frame the is a rod that pushes the switch when the door is closed. I my case the wires shorted as well. Had to get the switch from the dealer. First switch was wrong. Drove the car to dealer and showed the switch. They ordered it and I installed it.Been working find for months.

Nevyn Holmes

I was actually able to figure it out! It wasn't a missing switch, I just had my "cab light brightness" knob turned up and it just kept the lights on, hahahaha

Thank you all for taking time to answer. I appreciate then all. The light in the console near the backseat floor didn't turn off and constantly draining my battery. I turned off all the interior lights and so far so good. Got a problem that had bugged me since day one. Seatbelt light stays on. When I have it checked nothing's wrong and it goes off for another month or two. I plan to sell my car and this could be a deal breaker for a buyer. Any ideas would really be appreciated. Thanks

Debra Corapi

I don't need electrical help. I just need to know what positions the buttons on the rearveiw need to be in to turn them off. Up or down.

I hope someone is still answering for this question. my 04 Sebring convertible has the interior lights on all the time. I tried all of the previous solutions with no luck. I do not find any button switch on the doors, there is a hinged arm but I don't know what it does if anything.however if I turn the headlights on and open the door it sounds an alarm. I figure that would be the same switch. something causes the lights to delay before turning off. Does anyone know what and where that is? maybe its possible it is just not turning the lights off?