Click click

100

Asked by May 15, 2014 at 11:12 PM about the 2002 Chrysler 300M Special

Click sound under hood when turn
key. Had starter tested it's good.
Charged battery & tried  jumping car
didn't work. Click sound each time
you turn the key

40

Clicking when you turn the key is usually associated with the battery. Sometimes if the battery is pretty dead you have to charge it for a while. If the battery is more than three years old it could be dead. If not, I would have a shop or a friend put it on a charger for an hour and retry it. Places like Auto Zone can test your battery for free.

100

Charged the battery tried jumping the car off neither worked as stated before. The car has power from battery all the interior lights dash lights power windows & locks work.. Starter was tested and is good the click sound comes from under the hood. Relays are good as well

330

The clicking sound you hear is a solenoid which is attempting to engage but does not have ample voltage in order to accomplish its task. Most of Chrysler electronics from that era are not sophisticated. The failure is contained in your starting circuit (don't think of it as any one component). Measure the voltage at the starter when you engage the starter its quite possible you have a failing ignition switch and not able to provide ample voltage to the Starter while its in the vehicle but it would otherwise test as operational on an external test bench.

60

I had the same problem on my 2002 300M Special, starter solenoid would click but wouldn't crank. Installed new starter with same results. Found problem tonight. Loose connection under positive jump start block going too starter.

2001 Chrysler 300 are they good cars