all electrical lights flash on and off. Why?

25

Asked by Mar 04, 2007 at 09:50 AM about the 2002 Chrysler 300M Special

Driving to store and all idiot lights start flashing along with cd player trying to play. Heated seats cmae on and off. I put car in neutral and it died. Got it jumped ..it started right up but lights still flashing on and off..whats going on??

15,130

Dear wapirc-- I saw a car with the same symptoms as your 2002 Chrysler 300M in the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." But, I doubt that flying saucers are your problem. You obviously have an electrical problem and need a hands on diagnosis. These problems may be very minor, but the require an experienced technician to pinpoint and repair them. Take it to a mechanic you can trust. Good luck from Bovan.

water leak into ur fuse box

1,295

Sometimes all the lights will come on and stuff will go crazy , when the charging system stops working. Check and see if the alternator is working properly. When the voltage drops due to not charging , warning lights will come on for all sorts of things, this happens when relays cannot be activated due to low volts and the systems computers will turn on lights indicating problems .

490

i have the same problem with this in my 2004 300m. can any one tell me what the problem is. it happens while driving and it happens at night while the car is sitting there, if i dont catch it it kills the battery. can any one help me.

180

Same problem 2000 300M, replace the light switch, meanwhile, take or turn the light switch OFF the "AUTO" selection. you will have to use it like the old days, turning them on and off, until the switch is replaced

180

Sounds like something is corroted. Check fuses, and battery cables, if corroted, poor some coke over the white corroted cables, eventually need battery replacement, buy a maintenance FREE batt.

20

All these problems no Actual Answers

100

Exactly, I need help. My fuses are great. My flashers, turn signals, and interior dome lights are not working. Has anyone had luck repairing this issue?

40

Dear JW49 - have you ever SEEN the battery in a 300M? I can't find it. I also suffer from random light flashings, seats not warming, etc. If it starts honking on its own I'm leaving it on the side of the road.

30

Ive seen and heard of 2 problem areas. 1- check the ground from the engine to the firewall and the ground from the battery to the chassis. 2- when the problem occurs turn the key slightly backwards and see if the problem goes away. Often times if you have a number of keys on your key chain it causes excessive wear in the ignition switch by pulling down on it and it losing contact inside the switch.

20

Has anyone been able to fix these issues?

120

SUBJECT: Headlamp/Instrument Panel Illumination OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves applying dielectric grease to the headlamp switch wiring connector. MODELS: 2000 - 2004 (LH) LHS/300M/Concorde/Intrepid SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Subject vehicles may have the instrument cluster illumination change in brightness. Subject vehicles equipped with "auto-lamps" may also have headlamps or fog lamps come on at unexpected times while the switch is in "auto-lamp" mode. DIAGNOSIS: If the vehicle operator describes one or both of the above Symptoms, perform the Repair Procedure. PARTS REQUIRED: Qty. Part No. Description 1 J8126688 Mopar - Dielectric grease REPAIR PROCEDURE: NOTE: DO NOT REPLACE HEADLAMP SWITCH BECAUSE PART REPLACEMENT WILL NOT CORRECT THIS CONDITION. 1. Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable. 2. Remove the instrument panel left end cap. 3. Remove steering column shroud cover. 4. Tilt the steering column down into the lowest position. 5. Remove one screw (Limited/300M) to cluster bezel. 6. Remove the items to expose bezel mounting screws. Items vary depending on model. 7. Remove two screws over upper cluster bezel in instrument panel brow area and all remaining attaching screws (four on Intrepid, Limited, and 300M, and five on Concorde). 8. Using a trim stick (special tool #C-4755), gently pry out on the instrument panel cluster bezel. 9. Disconnect and connect the wire harness from the headlamp switch three (3) times to clean the contacts. 08-022-03 -2- 10. Disconnect the wire harness from the headlamp switch and apply Mopar Dielectric Grease, p/n J8126688, to the harness connector terminals. 11. Reconnect the harness to the headlamp switch. 12. Reassemble the instrument panel. 13. Connect the negative battery cable and set the clock to the correct time.

40

You may think I'm crazy, but I'll almost guarantee it's your cam or crankshaft sensor. Don't ask me why it does this when they need replacing it just does. Good old Chrysler products.

10

Well does anyone know why on a suzuki the system fail comes over the radio and it dies and we jumped it off and it went 50 feet and it stopped going again and the lights flashed and I replaced the alternator 4 months ago

Hi I have a Chrysler 200 2013 when turn on air or heat there's a loud clicking last for 20 seconds.sound coming from behind glove box.even if car isn't on this noise will still run what is it.? Another problem I have only at night when lights are on the dash lights radio .clock gear .light flicker from hi to low constantly. I think it's the handle for signs lights has a short.

40

I own a 03 Chrysler 300m and today I went out to my car and my headlights were flickering on and off like the alarm was going off. When I left work, I turned the car on just fine but the headlights were still flickering on and off. Now there's a loud grinding noise coming from the passenger side of the engine when I accelerate. Anybody know what this is!?,

30

Is the grinding noise present when sitting still and simply reving the engine? When you're driving and let the car coast in neutral is it still present or only under acceleration? Considering the two problems could be linked, I'd look at the alternator. However it's possible they are separate issues.

your parking break is on

10

https://youtu.be/7CYXy-CJ-f0

Low battery in key fob will cause lights,electric doorlocks,blinkers,etc to go haywire