what is the difference between the special and the basic 300M

Asked by Aug 13, 2007 at 03:11 PM about the 2002 Chrysler 300M Special

I believe the Special indicates a higher trim level, as well as perhaps a larger engine, than the base model. Typically these badges are used to indicate higher-optioned cars.

I have read the dash is different, it has 5 more horsepower and 5 more foot pounds of torque and different tires. There are some reviews of the Special on this site that I haven't read in some time that may enlighten you more.

Well there are a couple of differences between the two cars. The special edition comes with 18 in wheels and Michelin pilot Z rated tires. Also the suspension is a lot stronger and well noticed with a sway bar about twice the size of the regular 300m. There is the increase in hp and torque. And finally the special is lower than the base and comes with dual exhaust. Check out my pics I have a 2003 300m special.

It also has bigger brakes that are vented, and the steering has a stiffer perfomance feel. Carbon fiber style dash inserts, Xenon headlights, dual exhaust, ground effects body kit.

About 7,000.00 haha

The only 2 options for the 02 Special were Sunroof and engine heater. There were only 3 options for paint: Silver, Black and a deep Blue (that actually looked black unless it was in the sun). Everything else was standard equipment. It only came with 18" 245/45 Michelin Pilot Sport tires. There was a sticker on the owners manual that said 'these tires suck in snow'. That was an understatement. I had to buy new tires/rims the first year. It only came with carbon fiber dash/door trim. (Good thing). Dual exhaust with chrome tips. (Really nice resonance). Infinity sound/4 disc changer, 11 speakers. Chrome door kick plates w/300M logo. 3.5 litre (same engine but 255hp). Same color side mirrors as car color. (Regular 300M's all had black). Plus the mirrors have blinker LEDs built in. A full size genuine rim and tire for a spare. (Minus the 300M center cap). Heated front seats-all leather interior only. Came in slate or beige. Same for carpet. Also, the suspension was lowered 1/2" to make it more aero dynamic. They had to remove the back seat and dash to replace the struts. That cost $2,000. They came with a sport tuned suspension. Only option. Corners like it's on rails! Hope that helps...

I was looking for the ground effects for from that model so I can add to my base model, i.e. the mirrors, the front clip and rear apron and side skirts-dont need the rear spoiler-will order an aftermarket

150 MPH speedometer and the vehicle is not electronically speed limited!