I need help finding a 3.0 v6 sohc 24 valve.

Asked by Jul 21, 2015 at 10:19 PM about the 2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi Coupe

15,685

Woody, are you looking to buy this car? Don't do it! Sebring 's are one of the worst cars on the road, not dependable and extremely low rated. You'll thank me for telling you this.

Best Answer

Already got it. I need to know the best place to buy a motor now.

15,685

Have you considered a junk yard, seriously, a lot of cars that get totaled in accidents have perfectly fine engines. You could pick up one for a lot less than rebuilding yours ( most expensive option ), or purchasing an exchange motor. The problem with an exchange engine is you really don't know where it has come from. With the engine from the junkyard, at least you know how many miles were on that car. Then, after you do that, I would keep the car for a year and sell it. There's legions of folks on the Internet who write horror stories of these cars and they are regularly castigated in Consumers Reports. Sorry.

Thanks I will do exactly what you advise. You sound like you know what your talking about. Its sad since it is a very nice looking car.

15,685

Woody, yes, it's sad and you're right these are nice looking cars! I agree with that completely. Chrysler has had a history, sad to say, of making flashy looking styled cars that don't match their longevity. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to name one Chrysler car model that has lasted even 20 years. Why, their cars develop such a bad reputation, they have to discontinue the name and start with a "new" model. Look at the Honda Accord, that car has been on the market since 1976, that will be 40 years in 2016. That's what I look for when considering a car! You know, people like sporty cars, sexy cars and I understand all that, but, for me, service is the name of the game. I've had lots of cars, but, the ones I love the most are the cars that work and don't cost me a lot of money. My 1995 Honda Accord was a great car and I might have still had the car today, but, I sold it last year to get the Subaru Outback to tow my teardrop trailer. I just needed a beefier car with more ground clearance. I sold my 95 Honda with almost 150,000 miles for $3,000. It was in great shape and I got a lot of service from that car when I purchased it new. Sure, it takes money, time and patience to keep a car for an extended period of time, but, in the long run, you will save money if you select the right car. It all boils down to this, would you rather look good or feel good?

I've just been quoted a price on a salvage motor for 250-574. I just have to go pull it myself. Is there a salvage yard I can just buy a motor without having to pull it?

15,685

Well, you could hire your mechanic to go down and pick it up and inspect it to make sure it will fit in your car. That's what I would do. This way, you'll make him responsible to ensure that you've got the right engine, see what I mean.

15,685

It may cost you an extra hundred or so, but, do you have the means to pull that yourself and your time?

I could do it myself I just need to know what tools I'll need to bring and how long it should take me to pull it.

15,685

Can't help you, I would just have the garage to it for me.

Thank you very much for the info.

15,685

Woody, see this link, http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chrysler/Sebring/