Thought battery dead, it was a 20 Smp fuse

Asked by Jun 03, 2015 at 03:56 PM about the 2003 Chrysler Sebring Limited Convertible

Went to start car, did not start, called Auto Club, they checked battery, it was fine,
then the guy check the fuses, it was a 20Amp fuse to do with Fuel Pump.  Replaced it,
car fine.  Next 3 or 4 starts yesterday it was fine, but this morning, dead again.  Put in
another 20Amp fuse, and it starts, what could be the problem?

Took it to an electrical guy, and hoping it will not be too expensive.  Can anyone,
having the same problem tell me if they have had similar problems.  Car has 66,000
miles on it, and lots has been replaced since I bought it.  Had a warranty, but nothing
that happened was ont he Warranty.  Need this car to get me to work and back, cannot
afford costly repairs.

Any thoughts out there are appreciated.  I am a woman/widow,, and not savvy when it
comes to this kind of stuff.

If u installed a CD player Or something make sure no wires are touching

The fuel pump may be drawing too much current causing the fuse to blow. If that is the issue the fuel pump will need replacement. There could also be an intermittent short to ground in the fuel pump circuit. If it were mine I would replace the blown fuse (with the correct size and amperage) and then measure the current draw on the fuel pump. If the current draw is on the high side (near 20 amps), I would replace the fuel pump. Take the car to a trusted auto repair shop to get it repaired.